What you’ll need:
- 300g pork mince
- 375g of basmati rice (1 and a half pouches of the microwave kind)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 egg white
- 1 celery stalk (finely diced)
- 4 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 2 heaped tbs of sesame seeds
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or grated)
These little gems are so yummy and perfect to eat hot or cold – they make great additions to lunchboxes or a yummy twist on the usual stir fry.
How to make:
In a bowl add the mince, carrots, onions, garlic, celery and soy sauce.
Then add the rice, seeds and egg white and combine. Roll the mixture into little balls (about the size of a scotch egg).
Place the balls on a baking tray and bake in the the oven for around 20-25 mins. Serve hot or allow to cool.
The fun part:
We love them as they are. But for a little more kick try adding a diced red chilli and some grated ginger for extra zing! They are fabulous dipped in sweet chilli sauce.